Sunday 4 May 2008

Findhorn Beach

This weekend was spent in Findhorn with my hubby and wee boy, its such a fantastic place, one of the best beaches I've ever been to and such a good place to chill out for a while - even with my boy dive bombing the sand dunes being a soldier! We visited the Findhorn Foundation, I always like a look around their shop as they stock some lovely 'eco' yarn - although I resisted the temptation to buy any. I saw some 'cowrie' shells being sold as good luck charms - £2 for a tiny shell which had been taken off a local beach. It makes me angry that someone profits in this way. The foundation positively encourages sustainable living and environmentalism - I'm sure siting on one of the beautiful beaches on the Moray coast and enjoying the shells in their natural location would be much more rewarding to your well being and happiness than paying someone for something you can appreciate for free - rant rant rant!

However a stroll back along the beach soon blew my frustration and some cobwebs away. (not a bad photo from my phones camera either!)



No comments: