Thursday 19 August 2010

Odds and Ends

I have taken the opportunity during my maternity down time to sort out my work space.



For the past year I have been using the odd ends of yarn to crochet a 'blanket' of sorts - it has been sitting in a basket in the living room under some magazines for the past 6 months or so.
I decided yesterday in my tidying up frenzy to felt it to see how it would change the open stitches of the crochet and the result was the above slightly squint creation.

I really like the way it has felted, the treble stitches look almost woven together. The colour combination is totally random but I love how the above colours work together.




So I have made a greens and blues square to felt to make a cushion cover for my work room to go with these fab curtains (below) from Habitat I have had for years, and now cover up a more unsavoury corner of my room! You can see how open the unfelted square is.

Watch this space for the finished cushion.

1 comment:

Frances said...

I do like the looks of your felting the granny crocheting. It will be fun to see how the next felting goes.

One of these days I want to learn more about how to really do felting. So far, all I have done have been very amateurish experiments.

xo