Friday 24 July 2009

Happy Birthday to Me


A year ago today I hung up my hard hat and officially declared My Baboo as my new business. It has been an extremely quick year and I have often been asked if I'm glad that I gave up my career in architecture - most definitely YES!

I have celebrated by putting up some shelves in my workroom to house stock, yarn and the like, giving me more space and also displaying some of my work.

So what have I achieved?

I have learnt loads about running your own business and that there is always somebody who can advise and help
I've made money (thankfully)
I've discovered working for myself isn't as scary as I first thought
I have met some wonderful people
I've had the chance to spend more time with my son and husband
The list could go on and on but most importantly I have enjoyed it immensely.

I'm really looking forward to the coming year, planing ahead and being able to get My Baboo securely fixed to the map.

Thanks to everybody who has supported me over the past year - I really appreciate it.

I wonder if my hubby will think of buying me a birthday cake.......?

6 comments:

Frances said...

Wishing you a fabulously happy birthday to your successful business.

How good to have learned as you went along, and to have your courage in starting the enterprise rewarded. Well done!

So many folks dream, but don't quite get started....

xo

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Congratulations Lynn and good luck for the next year of My Baboo. Lesley

Bella Bheag said...

You've achieved a lot in your first year - here to more birthday celebrations Lynne.x

caireen said...

congratulations! and your shelving looks great! Go 'My Baboo!' !! - (I have some dried out b.cake here!) Cx

suzanne said...

Many Congratulations! Hope this coming year is even better than the firstx

Calico Kate said...

Oh a somewhat belated but no less meant, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. So pleased your first year has been a success.
Wishing you many more of them.
CKx