Wednesday 30 July 2008

Far From The Maddening Crowd



It was the Fortingall Summer Fair on Sunday in one of the prettiest village halls I've seen (that's the architect in me). I managed to shift a few items. It was a day of bunnies, sheep, neck ties and hearts - lots of little things. I sold my first knitting kit too - yipee!

I also met someone that had seen pictures of my work on the photo web site Flikr - a great place for inspiration - and a bit of advertising too.


We spent the weekend with the In-Laws in Pitlochry, with the hubby's cousin and his wife from London. We wandered round the gardens of Blair Atholl Castle where there were lots of interesting sculptures and follies.


If you ever visit be sure to seek out the walled garden - its far from the maddening crowd of tourists that swarm around the main castle.

This week has been pretty quiet on the making front as my husband is working day shift. So I've been spending time with my boy. We went to see Wall-e at the cinema in Glasgow today. It was a fantastic film and the computer animation was amazing.

We trained it from Milngavie - it saves a fortune in parking charges and cuts down my carbon footprint a little - if only the station was more convenient for rural life - but that's a debate for another day.

Talking of green issues, its the fourth Wee Green Market in Killearn this Saturday 2nd August, 10am-1pm. Hope to see you there!

PS only a couple of days left to enter my Bear competition!

No comments: