Thursday 23 October 2008

Measure twice, cut once.

This week I've been putting together a promotional postcard. I decided not to go down the business card route as I like the idea of being able to do some mail shots also. They are good for displaying a selection of images, rather than just a name and address - what do you think?


I'm onto my sheep now, lots to sew and stuff. Once they are finished I will be lining all my bags and doing all the finishing touches.

I also got the screens from Luci for the CL fair, which means I can now finalise my design. I happily chalked out my display stand size on the garage floor some time ago to give me a better idea of the size of the space I have. Rule number 1 - make sure the garage ceiling is higher than the screens - it's not, only 1.9m high and the screens are 2m - so they are a new fixture in my living room. And to think I used to be an architect!

I have also just found out that the Balfron Primary School Christmas Fair has been cancelled. It has been decided that there should be only one school fair a year - so they have opted for summer. This is a real pity as it has been a great event each year with visits to Santa for the children, lots of activities and a good selection of stalls for the parents to do a bit of shopping. I think it will be missed by the community.

Better go and do some work as my flock is calling!

4 comments:

JacquiMcR said...

I think that the postcard is a much better idea than a fiddly wee business card. People are much more likely to remember your lovely things if they can see them and postcards also look good pinned up on a notice board ( or on my kitchen pin board). Best of luck with the CL fayre, I'll be there with my sister - jacqui x

My Baboo said...

look forward to meeting you Jacqui!

PhatSheep Textiles said...

postcard is a great idea, shows off your products really well

Aileen Clarke Crafts said...

Your post card design is really good. Very professional and eye catching. Lovely to see so many of your lovely works on it too. I made myself a flyer instead of a business card as it's more attractive. I might go for a post card size too : )